The Aalto Fellows -course represents comprehensive entrepreneurship education regarding the key principles of leadership, selling, creativity and hard facts about finance and legal aspects. The program combines intensive workshops and lectures, a paid summer internship at a start-up company, venture capital or corporate venturing and ongoing mentoring and networking activities.
Aalto Fellows provides you with:
- Intensive lecture series designed for Aalto Fellows
- Learn by doing experience
- 10 ECTS during period V, summer and period I
- Possibility to earn credits while working in a paid job
- Part I: Lead by start-up growth experts and investors including also self assessment, workshops and recreational activities with the other students
- Part II: Each Fellow will be working for a real startup or private equity company for the summer. The students will also host and attend workshops and reflect on their learnings. In AF there is also a possibility for a study trip abroad during the fall.
How to become the next Aalto Fellow student?
Aalto Fellows is targeted to all Aalto students from study year III onwards. AF aims to educate critical thinkers, who are smart and get things done. We want to make extraordinary and usual combinations of Aalto students and companies. The lectures and workshops in the end of May will prepare the students for their internship. During the internship the students will organize and attend workshops. They are also required to reflect on what they have learned during the summer, and submit a paper on their thoughts.
Enrollment to the course:
- Fill the application form by 31st January 2018
- Send your CV, motivational letter (both max one page) and your transcript of records to ghita.wallin(at)aalto.fi by the deadline, 31st January 2018. Please send them as a single pdf file if possible (name your pdf submission as lastname_firstname_application.pdf), and subject the message with “Application to Aalto Fellows”
- We will select a maximum of 20 students to the first round. Students will be informed at the beginning of February whether they qualified or not.
- The selected students will be given a long list of prospect companies to apply for an internship. Students can also apply to companies that are not on the list as long as they fit into the course description (startup, venture fund etc.)
- The selected students should have secured their internship by mid April
For more information, contact: