The Art of Simplicity
5 day intensive course
January, 11th – 15th
The Art of Simplicity -course offers an alternative and multidisciplinary approach to the analysis of complex systems that is complementary to traditional systems engineering. The pedagogic approach blends theories from cognitive science, aesthetics and art, behavioral economics, and design thinking with experiential learning based on the analysis of visual art masterpieces through museum visits, visual arts labs, and writing workshops. By participating to the course you will acquire skills and use tools and methods to support creative thinking from diverse fields including fiction writing, photography and visual art, data visualization, systems thinking and engineering.
The course is organized by Dr. Luca Iandoli and Giuseppe Zollo, from University of Napels.
- Intensive course (5 days)
- Credits: 3
- January, 11th – 15th (Thursday – Monday)
- Takes place over the weekend
- Classes going for the whole day everyday
- One day dedicated to a museum visit (fine art/design)
- Visitor professors: Luca Iandoli and Giuseppe Zollo
- For all Aalto students
Enrollment to the course:
- Send an email to the Marketing Coordinator of AVP, Johanna Nurminen
- The email should include your full name, email address and student number