You can do more than you think you can!
What is Urban Challenge?
When? September 09 – 15 (Arrival 16.09 morning)
Where? New York City
For whom? Aalto students who are interested in entrepreneurship
AVP Urban Challenge is a 7-days-long study trip in the beginning of September taking place in New York City. It is targeted to those who are interested in entrepreneurship – Master’s students from all six schools of Aalto and Bachelor’s students who have studied at least 2 years in Aalto
From Urban Challenge study trip, you will get:
- Experience urban culture
- Learn about business culture in NYC
- Develop your entrepreneurial mindset
- Go out of your comfort zone
The trip is led by the former US ambassador to Finland and an excellent storyteller, Bruce Oreck, who knows New York like the back of his hand.
Experience from UC 2016
– led by Bruce Oreck
– discussion with the founder
– pizza and beer with the head of NYC office
American Chamber of Commerce (Amcham)
– evening with Managing Director with the view of Empire State building
– discovering what is happening behind-the-scenes
Finnish ambassador’s residence
– cocktail party at 5th avenue
Activities are different every year, this year will be even cooler!
Experience from previous participants:
“I believe the biggest thing I learned during our trip is that I’m much more capable, brave and talented than I previously thought.”
– Sarianna Niskala, Aalto ARTS
“For me this is definitely the best “academic” experience that I got during my studies at Aalto University.”
– Aleksandr Fedorov, Aalto SCI
How to participate?
Cost: 950 euros
Seats are limited to 15, and minimum number of participants is 8.
AVP will not organise this trip if we have less than 8 participants. Please note that this trip does not provide study credits.
- Surprise programmes designed by Bruce Oreck
Students are expected to pay for the visa if needed, food and local transportation in the U.S.
Registration deadline: EXTENDED till Sunday midnight May 28th 2017
Fill the google form here and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more inquiries, please contact:
Myung-gi “MJ” Suh
+358 50 4685845