Embark on your entrepreneurial journey! Explore entrepreneurial mindsets and learn the tools for creating a sustainable, scalable and viable business model.
Entrepreneurial Path is a summer course, where participants from around the world come together to explore their entrepreneurial self. During two weeks of lectures and the accompanying independent studying, students will learn relevant mindsets, concepts and tools for any entrepreneurial endeavor they decide to take.
The application period is open until 30 June 2021. Are you ready to step onto your Entrepreneurial Path?
About the summer course
The focus areas of the course include:
- Understanding yourself and the people you work with.
- Learning the methods and tools for creating a sustainable, scalable and viable business model.
- Using storytelling and pitching to make you stand out.
- Using systemic thinking to find your place in the ecosystem.
Studying at Entrepreneurial Path
- The study journey starts by exploring an entrepreneurial mindset. Self-exploration leads to team formation – you will find out who can support you in your entrepreneurial path.
- The next step is to get to know your potential users – who are the users, what are their problems?
- Iterative solution ideation process – explore solution field.
- Succeeding the previous steps is an eco-system map – where do you plan to operate? What is the context, and where will your place in the ecosystem be?
- The journey ends with self-reflection and by understanding the new version of you — packed with an entrepreneurial mindset and entrepreneurial tool kit.
Get a taste of our Summer School of 2019 through the lens of a participant
Thanks to Adam for the great video!
- Identify sustainable and scalable business opportunities
- Pitch business ideas and ventures
- Develop remote team working skills, including practicing different tools for team working and communication
- Develop self-awareness and self-management skills, including time management and personal wellbeing
- Explore thinking out of the box and being creative and innovative
- Practice resilience in a safe environment, e.g. coping with challenges, learning how to fail & pivot
- Think critically and through ethical and sustainable lenses
- Be able to map an ecosystem and see the sweet spot for your business in it
19-30 July 2021: Pre-course individual work
- Starting-up course
- Individual studying (preparing business topic etc.)
2-13 August 2021: Online sessions
- Daily lectures, workshops and panel discussions 10.00-13.00 (Helsinki time, GMT+3)
- Team study time
- Individual studying
14-29 August 2021: Post-course reflection
- Individual assignment
Workload and grading
The total course workload of 160h (6 ECTS) is divided as follows:
- 54h Pre-work exercise: Starting-up course
- 30h Contact hours
- 17h Team study time
- 33h Individual studying
- 26h Post-course reflection
The course is graded as pass/fail.
Application and fees
Entrepreneurial Path accepts applications from exchange students, Aalto degree students and professionals and other lifelong learners. The minimum requirement is a finished Bachelor’s degree.
Participants are expected to have excellent English skills and a well-functioning internet connection to be able to study on the interactive online course. Already having an entrepreneurial idea in mind can be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
Prepare to attach the following to your application:
- CV or LinkedIn profile
- Motivation video
The tuition fee for external students is 1400€ (including VAT 24%). The tuition fee is to be paid by credit card or a Finnish online bank. If the fee is not paid by the due date, the application will be considered lapsed.
No tuition fee for:
- Nominated exchange students from a partner institution of Aalto University School of Science
- Aalto degree students
- Students with a flexible study right (JOO-right) from another Finnish university.
Reduced tuition fee (-50%):
- Students from partner institutions of Aalto University who are not nominated for exchange
In the case of cancellation:
- Cancelling up to 60 days before the beginning of the course: 85% refund (Aalto University will deduct 15 % of each course fee as a service and bank cost fee)
- Cancelling up to 30 days before the beginning of the course: 50 % refund
- Cancelling less than 30 days before the beginning of the course: no refund