Take part in UC Berkeley’s Berkeley Methods of Entrepreneurship 2019!
Aalto Ventures Program is excited to be heading back to Berkeley in January! We are sending up to four students to take part in UC Berkeley’s Berkeley Methods of Entrepreneurship from January 14 – 18th, 2019!
Last year’s trip to BMoE was fantastic. This intense 4 ½ day venture workshop, held at UC Berkeley, is a fantastic introduction to the ideas, methods, and people of Silicon Valley. During the program, participants will attend sessions that weave together lectures and interactive game-based exercises, receive one-on-one mentoring from Sutardja Center faculty and industry experts; and learn in a collaborative environment.
In a nutshell
- Berkeley Methods of Entrepreneurship, 2019
- Mon, Jan 14 – Fri, Jan 18 (+ a few days for travelling)
- Hosted at the University of California, Berkeley
- Flights, accommodations, and workshop fee covered by AVP
- Application deadline: November 28th
Over the course of the four and a half days, participants will:
- Work on idea generation and how to turn ideas into new ventures and taking it to market while integrating concepts including customer-focused design thinking and innovation in business models, and receiving input and advice from real-life entrepreneurs, investors, and marketing specialists;
- Use case studies to facilitate and hone ideas, attend special modules on ideation, sales, pitch and funding (sample Modules/Videos);
- Collaborate with our experts;
- Establish or optimise to form startup teams, learn mechanics of a start-up and setting major milestones;
- Internalise some of the attributes that contribute to the entrepreneurial mindset;
- Pitch your idea to an experienced panel of experts and potential investors.More information available at https://scet.berkeley.edu/bmoe-bootcamp/
To apply for this trip, please 1) fill out the online form below, and 2) send in the two requested PDFs (details below). Afterwards, we will invite candidates for an in-person interview at AVP in late November / early December. The interview date will be set soon and will last for a few hours on a suitable afternoon. There will be a short pre-interview task for selected students.
STEP ONE: online form (please fill out and submit this form): https://goo.gl/forms/PUxow7B8FV3CVxHI2
STEP two: PDFs
1. Motivational letter
- Why are you interested in joining our BMoE trip?
- Describe a project that you are proud of (personal or work, both are fine)
- What you bring to the group
2. CV / study transcript
Please prepare and email your CV and study transcript as PDFs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be contacted about the interviews as soon as possible!