Take part in the Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp 2020!
Aalto Ventures Program is excited to be heading back to Berkeley in January! We are sending up to four students to participate in the UC Berkeley’s Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp from 13th to 17th of January, 2020!
This intense 4 ½ day venture workshop, held at UC Berkeley, is a fantastic introduction to the ideas, methods and people of Silicon Valley. During the program, participants will attend sessions that weave together lectures and interactive game-based exercises, receive one-on-one mentoring from Sutardja Center of Entrepreneurship and Technology faculty and industry experts, and learn in a collaborative environment.
In a nutshell:
What: Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp 2020
When: Bootcamp on Monday, 13th – Friday, 17th of January, 2020 (+ a few days for traveling) and a compulsory prep-up session at Aalto during week 49
Where: University of California, Berkeley
Costs: Flights, accommodations and bootcamp fee covered by AVP
Application: Deadline on Sunday, November 10th, 2019 at 23:59. Find instructions below.
Please submit your application form here and email your motivational letter, CV and study transcript as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find more detailed application instructions below.
The deadline for applying is November 10th, 2019 at 23:59!
Over the course of the four and a half days, the participants will:
- Work on idea generation and how to turn ideas into new ventures and taking it to market while integrating concepts including customer-focused design thinking and innovation in business models, and receiving input and advice from real-life entrepreneurs, investors, and marketing specialists;
- Use case studies to facilitate and hone ideas, attend special modules on ideation, sales, pitch and funding (sample Modules/Videos);
- Collaborate with Silicon Valley experts;
- Establish or optimize to form startup teams, learn mechanics of a start-up and setting major milestones;
- Internalize some of the attributes that contribute to the entrepreneurial mindset;
- Pitch your idea to an experienced panel of experts and potential investors
More information available at: https://scet.berkeley.edu/bmoe-bootcamp/
“Lectures provided excellent insights on how to turn ideas into viable businesses, covering topics such as design thinking and business model innovation as well as more practical skills such as investor pitching and leading a startup team.
I found extra valuable the advice received from entrepreneurs, investors and other mentors who had real-life experience of working with start-ups and hence could share their personal experiences and give practical advice for new venture creation. Also, the inspiring atmosphere at the BMoE bootcamp was incredible and extremely motivating.”
Flights, accommodations and bootcamp fee are covered by AVP. Meals, insurance, ESTA / Visa, and other costs are not covered by AVP or Aalto University and need to be taken care of by the students themselves.
- You are a student at Aalto University (no exchange or minor students)
- You have taken AVP courses or have AVP courses in your planned studies
- You got an idea, which you would like to develop further and burn to test it in Silicon Valley. (At the bootcamp, you will be working with different ideas in different groups.)
- You can apply as an individual, or with a co-founder or a complete team.
We encourage individuals from different backgrounds and disciplines to apply. Aalto University aims to offer everyone an equal operating environment in which employees and students representing different genders, positions and backgrounds are treated equally.
To apply for the BMoE bootcamp, please 1) fill out this online form, and 2) send in the requested PDFs to email@example.com (details below). We will invite candidates for an in-person interview at AVP in November. Students chosen for interviews will be contacted individually. The interviews may be started already within the application period.
STEP ONE: Fill out the online application form HERE
STEP TWO: Prepare and send the following PDFs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Study transcript
- Motivational Letter (if you are applying with your team or pair, one motivational letter is enough)
- Why are you interested in joining the BMoE bootcamp?
- Describe a project that you are proud of (personal or work, both are fine)
- What do you bring to the group?
- Tell about your previous (and/or upcoming) experience in the Aalto entrepreneurial ecosystem
Application period closes on November 10th at 23:59!
If you have any questions, contact the AVP staff!
Global Partnerships Coordinator
Head of International Relations