AVP offers you a unique chance to join Startup Semester — a full-semester entrepreneurship program in Berkeley, California! The program focuses on leadership, innovation and execution, ensuring that you learn the mindsets and behaviors needed for driving success in today’s dynamic global economy. Startup Semester is organized by The Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology (SCET) at the UC Berkeley campus, where you can immerse yourself in the dynamic Berkeley and Silicon Valley ecosystem, while experiencing the cultural activities of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Due to COVID-19, the next Startup Semester will be postponed until Fall 2021. Details regarding the application process will be published around late-Spring 2021, but here is a sneak peek of what we expect from ideal applicants:
- You must have an excellent command of English.
- You must apply together with someone as a pair or a team.
- You are able to cover your own expenses related to the semester.
You are able to raise funding (such as seed funding, scholarships, etc.) to cover the tuition fee of around 10 000€ per person.
- You already have a startup project or idea in mind, which you want to develop further at UC Berkeley.
- You are proactive and highly motivated to learn about entrepreneurship.
- You have completed at least one course offered by Aalto Ventures Program. Participating in Startup Experience is a plus!
Sound like your cup of tea? Stay tuned on our website and social media channels for more information! In the meantime, make sure to read the story of Johannes, who attended Startup Semester in Spring 2020 and ended up founding a startup in Hawaii.