AVP is calling for applications to SCET Startup Semester in Fall 2021. Grasp your ticket to develop your startup and yourself while studying at UC Berkeley — and experience the bustling Silicon Valley yourself!
Startup Semester at Berkeley is organized by The Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology (SCET) at UC Berkeley, designed to develop the next generation of technology entrepreneurs and innovators. The semester will offer a great opportunity to unleash your creativity and to interact with other startups, accelerators, and investors in Silicon Valley. The program provides an exceptional learning environment to fulfill your academic ambitions, intellectual passions and desire for a diverse cultural experience.
For more information on course offerings, check out SCET’s Startup Semester Flyer. Learn more about the experience of the program through the journey of Johannes, a Startup Semester alumni from AVP who founded his own startup in Hawaii.
Funding your studies: We prioritize applicants who have received (or will soon receive) funding for their startup or project. You are expected to fully cover your own expenses and fees (transportation, living expenses, tuition fee, insurance, etc.). However, by applying through AVP, you will benefit from a 30% discount on tuition and fees. The total tuition and processing fees are approximately $10,000, and the tuition is fully refundable.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- You must have an excellent command of English.
- You must apply together with someone as a pair or as a team. Only 1 application is required per team/pair.
- All members who are applying must currently be full-time degree students at Aalto University.
- You are willing to travel physically to Berkeley, California in Fall 2021.
- You are able to cover your own expenses (preferably with the funding received through your startup).
- You already have a startup project or idea in mind, which you want to develop further at UC Berkeley.
- You are proactive and highly motivated to learn about entrepreneurship and technology.
- You have completed at least one course offered by Aalto Ventures Program. Participating in Startup Experience is a plus!
The application period ends at 23.59, Sunday, February 14th, 2021 (EET). As part of the process, you might be contacted for a virtual interview around mid to late February.
Apply now to start your journey in the San Francisco Bay Area!
For any questions, feel free to reach out to My Nguyen (email@example.com). Please note that Startup Semester is organized by SCET and AVP takes no responsibility for guaranteeing that the semester will be held physically. Read more about SCET’s deferral and refunding policy under the FAQ section.
The University of California, Berkeley is one of the world’s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence, and the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California.