University of Zambia and Aalto Ventures Program have joined forces to bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, a study trip to Africa! Selected students will travel to Zambia, form groups with students from the University of Zambia and Egerton University, and work on a case together. The case is a real-life problem provided by a local startup Trinity Super Nutrition, whose mission is to produce accessible protein for the community. Put your heads together with local students and work on the business development of precooked beans in Zambia and the regional market!
The trip nets you 2 ECTS and takes two weeks, starting mid-October — exact dates will be confirmed later. The full cost of the study trip, including flights, accommodation, inland travel, and required vaccinations will be covered by the AgriSCALE project.
If you take on the challenge and join the study trip, you’ll learn project-management and leadership skills, become better at understanding and handling complexity, and get to know Zambian culture and community like you never could from home.Read more about the case
- Application period: Until 19th September 2022
- Interview week: Sep 19-23 (Week 38)
- Final selections: 23rd September
- Visa application
- Pre-trip orientation
- Trip dates: Starting from mid-October
- Post-trip process
- Full-time degree student at Aalto University
- Passionate about the Global South area
- An open-minded mindset, good team-working skills, and the ability to adapt to a new environment
- Has not previously attended Aalto Global Impact funded programs
- Students who have taken AVP courses will be prioritized for the selection