What’s better than a study trip abroad? Two study trips abroad! AVP offers Aalto students a unique opportunity to join a six-month program that includes trips to both South Korea and Sweden — not forgetting working online with your new Korean and Swedish friends here in Finland. The program takes place between January 23 and August 24, 2024, with the kick-off in Seoul and including a trip to both Stockholm and Uppsala near the end of the program.
AVP organizes the program together with the Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies (KFAS), Uppsala University and KTH Royal Institute of Technology. During the six months, you’ll learn from expert lecturers, work on group projects, attend mentoring sessions and take part in cultural field trips. You’ll balance theory and new knowledge with real-world experiences that will help you realize your full potential. Together with students from different backgrounds and disciplines, you’ll learn to challenge the status quo and design solutions for a more sustainable future.
In addition to the main program, you’ll have the opportunity to visit key players in the Korean and Swedish startup ecosystems and learn what makes them tick.
Completing the whole program — along with a learning diary, self-assessment task and the final project — will net you as much as 10 credits.
Sounds good, right? To make it even better, we want to make sure there are as few obstacles to joining as possible. That’s why we’ll cover the costs of flights, airport transportation, basic travel insurance, and accommodation fees during the trips to Korea and Sweden. However, you will have to pay for any personal insurance, local transportation, your own meals, and other such expenses. We’re not made of money, after all.
This trip is a part of our new Aurora Network, where we send Aalto students to entrepreneurial hubs all over the world to gather international experience and then bring them together to share those experiences with each other. Our previous trips have taken place in France, Zambia and the US, and we already have a strong alumni community that’s looking forward to welcoming you as a part of it.
The program runs from January 23 to August 24, 2024
- January 23–February 4, 2024: Kick-off in Seoul, South Korea
- March–July, 2024: Online group working and mentoring in Finland
- August 12–24, 2024: Program in Finland and Sweden — exact dates for visits to Stockholm and Uppsala will be confirmed later
Eligibility for Aurora Seoul+Nordics
As much as we’d like to take everyone for bibimbap and smörgåsbord, the seats are limited. We’re looking for students who are passionate about sustainability and entrepreneurship, have good stress and time management skills and possess curiosity, open-mindedness and collaborative spirit. If that describes you, and you fit the following criteria, we’d love to see your application!
- You are a full-time degree student at Aalto University (exchange or minor students are not eligible) with a study right until September 2024 or later
- You are on the second year of your Bachelor’s or later in your studies
- You must be able to commit full-time during the trips and part-time during the online group work and mentoring period
- You have taken AVP courses or have them in your planned studies (participants of other AVP activities like Impact Studio or Solve the SDGs are also eligible)
We tried to make applying as easy as possible, so there are just three phases:
- Apply via this form by the end of Friday, November 10: https://forms.office.com/e/Btwdk2kEpf
- Interviews with AVP on week 48 (November 17–December 1)
- Results in early December, 2023
Please note, that you need to log in with your Aalto account to access the form.Apply now!
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with My: