Aalto University is a multidisciplinary university in the fields of technology, business, arts, and design. It opens up new possibilities for strong multidisciplinary education and research. Aalto University has 12 000 students and a staff of 4 000 of which 400 are professors.
Aalto Ventures Program (AVP) is the entrepreneurship education program at Aalto University. At AVP, students in multidisciplinary teams do hands-on exercises to gain entrepreneurial tools for solving real, meaningful problems either with their own company or from inside an existing organization. We teach the Aalto community to build like an entrepreneur for a sustainable future.
We are looking for a new team member — Event Coordinator — to join us!
As a team member, you will be a part of creative planning and building new concepts together with the AVP communications team. As an Event Coordinator, you will be responsible for organizing AVP’s weekly events and creating the best experience for our audience.
We are looking for someone who has the abilities and skills listed below, and who can work in alignment with our values. If you think that this is you, please apply now!
- Responsibility: We prioritize sustainability, hold ourselves accountable and take ownership of our actions and mistakes.
- Courage: We go to the edge of ordinary and push beyond with the full knowledge that we might fail.
- Collaboration: We foster transparency, and enforce diversity and inclusion, even when there would be an easier path to choose.
- Managing your own time and energy
- Giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way
- Having a proactive and self-oriented way of working
- Being a proactive team member
- Participating in AVP activities as a part of the Communications team
- Analytical mindset and attitude
- Up to date with what’s going on in the event scene
- Good writing and communication skills — English, other languages are assets
- Being able to coordinate different projects
- Previous experience in organizing events is an asset
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on Aalto University students towards a more sustainable way of thinking
- A highly motivated and international team
- Flexible working hours, guaranteed holidays, and good occupational healthcare
- Work and study balance
- Possibility to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- A gateway to Aalto’s entrepreneurship ecosystem
How to apply:
The Event Coordinator position is open only to current Aalto students, who are studying actively in the academic year 2021-2022. We cannot hire graduates for this position.
- Years of studies: 2–N
- Working hours: 25 h/week. Fixed-term.
- Starting date: 17.1.2022.
- Work location: AVP Space, Maarintie 8, Espoo. This may vary depending on the government’s and Aalto University’s recommendation on remote working. Currently (Nov 2021), we’re working remotely, and remote work will continue until 16.01.2022.
To apply for the position, please submit your application including the attachments mentioned below as one single PDF document in English through Aalto online recruitment system no later than 15.12.2021.
Please attach your CV, motivation letter, and transcript of records.
We will conduct the interviews for the position primarily on weeks 50 and 51, but interviews can be already started during the application period on week 49.
More information about the position from Myungji Suh, Head of Communications, phone +358 50 505 7554, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions concerning the recruiting process: HR Coordinator, Saara Haggren, email@example.com
For justified reasons, Aalto University has the right not to fill the position, to extend the application period, and to consider candidates who have not applied for a position within the application period.