Would you like to spend two weeks in California when Finland’s at its darkest and coldest, and learn entrepreneurship in the process? Now’s your chance! AVP is offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our students to join the AVP Bay Experience. The trip includes an ecosystem tour of the San Francisco Bay Area and the week-long Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (BMoE) Bootcamp at UC Berkeley — all on us! The study trip takes place on January 7–19, 2023, traveling time included.
The 3-day entrepreneurship ecosystem tour around San Francisco Bay Area is a great way to get to know the local companies, and it’s organized by none other than you yourselves! The students selected for the trip are expected to contact stakeholders in the Bay Area and set up meeting dates themselves. AVP can advise if there are any questions.
A part of the AVP Bay Experience, the BMoE bootcamp at UC Berkeley offers a unique experience in one of the most well-known institutions in California. During the program, students will attend sessions that combine lectures and interactive game-based exercises, get one-on-one mentoring from faculty and industry experts, and learn in a collaborative environment.
The bootcamp uses the latest approaches for training global technology entrepreneurs. The method combines strategy, tactics, culture, and psychology with an entrepreneurial infrastructure. Additionally, the program is structured to provide an optimal global entrepreneurship experience.
At the bootcamp, you will:
- Work on idea generation and how to turn ideas into new ventures
- Use case studies to facilitate and hone ideas, attend special modules on ideation, sales, pitch, and funding
- Collaborate with UC Berkeley experts and advance your idea to the next level
- Pitch your idea to an experienced panel of experts and potential investors
Sounds good, right? To make it even better, we want to make sure there are as few obstacles to joining as possible. That’s why we’ll cover the costs of flights, airport transportation, visas, basic travel insurance, and accommodation fees. However, you will have to pay for any personal insurance, your own meals, and other such expenses. We’re not made of money, after all.
Still not convinced? See how awesome the trip was last year!
Eligibility for AVP Bay Experience
As much as we’d like to have all of you on the plane to California, the seats are limited. If you fit the following criteria, we’re looking forward to seeing your application:
- You are a full-time degree student at Aalto University (exchange or minor students are not eligible)
- You have taken AVP courses or have AVP courses in your planned studies
- You got an idea that you would like to develop further or test in Silicon Valley
We tried to make applying as easy as possible, so there are just three phases:
- Apply via this form by Friday 21st October 5 pm: https://forms.office.com/r/WL7pMML7Q9
- Interviews with AVP between October 31–November 4
- Results & practicalities
You can apply as an individual, or together with a partner or a complete team. Your motivation and idea will weigh more than your grades, but we will have a look at the grades too!
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with My: