Aalto University is a multidisciplinary university in the fields of technology, business, arts and design. It opens up new possibilities for strong multidisciplinary education and research. Aalto University has 11 000 students and a staff of 4 000 of which 400 are professors.
Aalto Ventures Program (AVP) is the entrepreneurship education program at Aalto University. Here, participants in multidisciplinary teams do hands-on exercises and gain entrepreneurial tools, ready to be used to construct a startup or to renovate an existing company from within. We teach the Aalto community to build like an entrepreneur.
We are looking for a new team member — Innovation Education Specialist — to join us! You will get to be a part of creative planning and building new educational and incubational concepts together with the AVP innovation team. You will create top-notch innovation education for Ph.D. students, researchers, and faculty to increase the impact and innovation of their research as well as incubational activities to serve the whole Aalto University’s ecosystem. We are currently working online and, in the future, working might take a hybrid model.
We are looking for someone who has the abilities listed below, and who can work in alignment with our values. If you think that this is you, please apply now!
- Responsibility: We prioritize sustainability, hold ourselves accountable and take ownership of our actions and mistakes
- Courageousness: We go to the edge of the ordinary and push beyond with the full knowledge that we might fail
- Collaboration: We foster transparency, and enforce diversity and inclusion, even when there would be an easier path to choose
Our long-term vision is to embed an entrepreneurial mindset within all Aalto’s students, staff, and faculty. Growing capabilities in impact creation and entrepreneurship within researchers and faculty will lead to higher impact and result in a higher amount of world-changing, science-based solutions on the markets!
- You’re a doer, you get things done in an ambiguous, networked organization
- You have experience in training and/or education
- You work well with different people; 38% of Aalto’s faculty is international
- You have experience or knowledge in generating impact out of research (communication of research, PR, knowledge exchange/knowledge transfer, technology transfer, commercialization projects)
- You’re familiar with entrepreneurship, innovation, and ecosystems around them, locally or globally
- We work in English; knowing Finnish is not compulsory
We consider experience in an academic or research environment with a high level of freedom as an asset.
- A highly motivated and international team
- Flexible working hours, guaranteed holidays and good occupational healthcare
- Possibility to develop an entrepreneurial mindset together with top talent around the world
- A gateway to the world-famous Aalto’s startup ecosystem
To apply for this position (fixed-term, 1.4.2021–31.12.2024):
You hold a master’s degree or a Ph.D., research experience is considered an asset.
Working hours: Full time, 36,25h/week
Starting date: The sooner the better, but flexibly in March-April. (Please note: Due to the current COVID19 situation, the border traffic is restricted, and therefore Aalto University cannot make an agreement on a fixed starting date for any new employee residing currently abroad)
The applications need to be submitted through Aalto University’s electronic recruitment system SAIMA no later than 8.3.2020 at noon, 12:00 (EET). Interviews to the position will be conducted on the week 10 and 11 but can be already started during the application period.
Please attach your CV and short motivation letter together with the answers to topical questions (together no more than 2 A4 pages with font size 12).
More information about the position from Ilja Riekki, Head of Innovation & Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358408496647. Questions concerning the recruiting process: HR Coordinator, Saara Haggrén, email@example.com
Topical questions (to be answered together with your motivation letter):
How to create more impact from research?
How to get more science-based solutions (ideas, researchers, teams) to the market?
How to advance necessary skills (to achieve two former targets) among Ph.D. students, researchers, and faculty?
Is this the job you were looking for?