Aalto University is a multidisciplinary university in the fields of technology, business, arts and design. It opens up new possibilities for strong multidisciplinary education and research. Aalto University has 11 000 students and a staff of 4 000 of which 400 are professors.
Aalto Ventures Program (AVP) is the entrepreneurship education program at Aalto University. Here, participants in multidisciplinary teams do hands-on exercises and gain entrepreneurial tools, ready to be used to construct a startup or to renovate an existing company from within. We teach the Aalto community to build like an entrepreneur. Learn more at https://avp.aalto.fi and our Facebook-page.
We are looking for a new team member — Incubation Specialist — to join us! You will get to plan and execute incubational concepts together with the AVP innovation team. You will be responsible for creating a top-notch industry-agnostic incubation program for very early-stage teams or individuals with ideas and gathering a vibrant community to serve the whole Aalto University’s ecosystem. We are currently working online and during the autumn of 2021 working might take a hybrid model.
We are looking for someone who has the abilities listed below, and who can work in alignment with our values. If you think that this is you, please apply now!
- Responsibility: We prioritize sustainability, hold ourselves accountable and take ownership of our actions and mistakes
- Courageousness: We go to the edge of the ordinary and push beyond with the full knowledge that we might fail
- Collaboration: We foster transparency, and enforce diversity and inclusion, even when there would be an easier path to choose
Our long-term vision is to embed an entrepreneurial mindset within all Aalto’s students, staff, and faculty. Growing capabilities in venture creation and entrepreneurship within students and researchers, together with all the individuals in the ecosystem around us, will result in a higher amount of world-changing, sustainable solutions on the markets!
- You are a doer, you get things done in an ambiguous, networked organization
- You are able to help other people to create new businesses, based on either your own experience or other knowledge (few years of job experience)
- You are capable of designing, running and scaling an incubation program & community around it
- You have experience in training or education
- You work well with different people; 38% of Aalto’s faculty is international, there will be a variety of participants with different backgrounds outside Aalto too
- You are familiar with entrepreneurship, innovation, and ecosystems around them, locally or globally, you’re well networked
- We work in English; knowing Finnish is not compulsory
- A highly motivated and international team
- Flexible working hours, guaranteed holidays and good occupational healthcare
- Possibility to develop an entrepreneurial mindset together with top talent around the world
- A gateway to the World-famous Aalto’s startup ecosystem
To apply for this position (fixed-term, 1.8.2021 – 31.12.2024):
You hold a master’s degree, incubation/acceleration program experience is considered an asset.
Working hours: 80%-100% time, 29h-36,25h/week, half time in the future can be considered as well
Starting date: the beginning of August
(Please note: Due to the current COVID19 situation, the border traffic is restricted, and therefore Aalto University cannot to make an agreement on a fixed starting date for any new employee residing currently abroad)
The applications need to be submitted through Aalto University’s electronic recruitment system SAIMA no later than 21.6.2021 at noon, 12:00 (EET). Interviews to the position will be conducted on the week 25 and 26 but can be already started during the application period on week 24.
Please attach your CV and short motivation letter together with the answers to topical questions (together no more than 2 A4 pages with font size 12).
More information about the position from Ilja Riekki, Head of Innovation & Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358408496647. Questions concerning the recruiting process: Saara Haggrén, HR Coordinator, email@example.com.
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period, reopen the application process, and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period. Application materials will not be returned.
Topical questions (to be answered together with your motivation letter):
- How to facilitate building successful, multidisciplinary, startup teams in a university environment?
- How to get financing for early-stage ideas and teams (for prototyping, MVP or to get the product to the market) This includes both technology-based and other non-tech innovations.
- How to organize serendipity and get people to collaborate across organizations and disciplines?
Is this the job you were looking for?Apply now