Aalto University is a multidisciplinary university in the fields of technology, business, arts and design. It opens up new possibilities for strong multidisciplinary education and research. Aalto University has 20 000 students and staff of 5 000 including 370 professors.
Aalto Ventures Program (AVP) is the entrepreneurship education program at Aalto University. Here, students in multidisciplinary teams do hands-on exercises and gain entrepreneurial tools, ready to be used to construct a startup or to renovate an existing company from within. We teach students to build like an entrepreneur. Learn more at https://avp.aalto.fi and our Facebook-page
Hello, I’m Myung Gi Suh, Head of Communication at Aalto Ventures Program, and we are looking for a new team member — Visual Designer — to join us! As a team member, you will be a part of creative planning and building new concepts together with the AVP communication team. As a Visual Designer, you will be responsible for developing the graphical guidelines and designing communication materials for AVP.
We are looking for someone who has the abilities and skills listed below, and who can work in alignment with our values. If you think that this is you, please contact me or apply now!
- Responsibility: We prioritize sustainability, hold ourselves accountable and take ownership of our actions and mistakes
- Courageousness: We go to the edge of ordinary and push beyond with the full knowledge what we might fail
- Collaboration: We foster transparency and enforce diversity, even when there would be an easier path to choose
- Managing your own time and energy
- Giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way
- Producing consistent and effective graphics, while maintaining the look and feel of AVP touchpoints: digital, printing and space
- Having a proactive way of working
- Doing small things without waiting to be told
- Proposing projects but working on those only when agreed to
- Being a constructive team member
- Participating in AVP activities as a part of the Communication team, when necessary
- Excellent skills in professional software (PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom)
- Good writing and communication skills — English, other languages are assets
- Editing photos and videos for social media purposes
- Understanding front-end web development will be considered as an advantage
- A highly motivated and international team
- Flexible working hours and guaranteed holidays
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- A gateway to Aalto’s startup ecosystem
To apply for this position:
Years of studies: 2–N (We can only hire a currently active student of Aalto University for this position)
Working hours: ca 20–25 h/week
Starting date: 1.8.2020
The position is open only to current Aalto students, who are studying actively in the academic year 2020-2021. We cannot hire graduates for this position.
The applications are submitted through Aalto University’s electronic recruitment system SAIMA no later than 31.5.2020. Please attach your portfolio (PDF or link), transcript of records, CV and motivation letter.
More information about the position from Myung Gi Suh, Head of Communication, phone +358 50 505 7554, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions concerning the recruiting process: HR Coordinator, Saara Haggren, email@example.com.