So, you got your PhD, congratulations! But just the paper doesn’t pay the bills, so what now? Welcome to the latest From Lab to Market event to hear about alternative career paths for researchers!
In this session, you’ll learn about your competitive advantage, hear stories from different experts and get to know career opportunities in and outside academia.
We’ll be joined by different organisations, who will showcase opportunities for individuals with research experience and background, so make sure to wear your best networking shirt!
Experts joining us and their topics:
- Postdocs in companies (PoDoCo) with Seppo Tikkanen, Senior Ecosystem Lead at DIMECC
- Corporate venturing & entrepreneurship with Terhi Vapola, Vice President of Helen Ventures
- Applied research & opportunities for research commercialization with Tiia-Maria Tenhunen, Senior Specialist at VTT Technical Research Centre
- Entrepreneurship with Prateek Singh, CEO of FinnAdvance
- Academia member who is commercializing with Esko Kauppinen, Professor at Aalto University
- Industry-Academia collaboration & funding with Petro Poutanen, CEO of The Finnish Research Impact Foundation
- Consulting with Ulla Kruhse-Lehtonen, CEO of Dain Studios
- Career development for PhD students with Kirsi LaPointe, Project Manager at Aalto Career Design Lab
- Combining executive and academic career with Antti Koivula, Director General of Finnish Institute of Occupational Health