Please note that this position is open only to current Aalto University students.
Aalto University is a multidisciplinary university in the fields of technology, business, arts, and design. It opens up new possibilities for strong multidisciplinary education and research. Aalto University has 12 000 students and a staff of 46000, of which 400 are professors.
Aalto Ventures Program (AVP) is the entrepreneurship education program at Aalto University. At AVP, students in multidisciplinary teams do hands-on exercises to gain entrepreneurial tools for solving real, meaningful problems either with their own company or from inside an existing organization. We teach the Aalto community to build like an entrepreneur for a sustainable future.
Learn more at https://avp.aalto.fi and our LinkedIn page.
We are looking for a new team member — Event coordinator — to join us! As a team member, you will be a part of creative planning and building new concepts in the AVP Communications and Partnerships team. As an event coordinator, you will be responsible for organizing AVP’s inspiring events and creating the best experience for our audience.
We are looking for someone who has the abilities and skills listed below and who can work in alignment with our values. If you think that this is you, please apply now!
- Responsibility: We prioritize sustainability (SDGs), hold ourselves accountable, and take ownership of our actions and mistakes.
- Courage: We go to the edge of ordinary and push beyond with the full knowledge that we might fail.
- Collaboration: We foster transparency, and enforce diversity and inclusion, even when there would be an easier path to choose.
- Managing your own time and energy
- Giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way
- Having a proactive and self-oriented way of working
- Being responsible
- Analytical mindset and attitude
- Up to date with what’s going on in the event scene
- Good writing and communication skills in English — other languages are assets
- Being able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous experience in organizing events is an asset
- The opportunity to guide Aalto University students toward a more sustainable way of thinking
- A highly motivated and international team
- Flexible working hours, hybrid work, guaranteed holidays, and good occupational healthcare
- Work and study balance
- Possibility to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- A gateway to Aalto’s entrepreneurship ecosystem
To apply for this position:
The event coordinator position is open only to current Aalto University students. We cannot hire graduates for this position.
Years of studies: 2–N (We can only hire a currently active student at Aalto University for this position)
Working hours: 25 h/week. Fixed term.
Starting date: 9th of January, 2023
Work location: AVP Space, Maarintie 8, Espoo. This will change when AVP moves to Aalto Works in 2023.
The applications need to be submitted through Aalto University’s recruitment system Workday no later than 28.11.2022 17:00 (EET). Please attach your transcript of records (Aalto University), CV, and motivation letter. Feel free to use creative formats for the motivation letter.
We will conduct the interviews for the position preliminarily on weeks 49 and 50.
More information about the position from Myungji Suh, Head of Communications & Partnerships, phone +358 50 505 7554, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions concerning the recruiting process: HR Coordinator, Saara Haggrén, email@example.com.
For justified reasons, Aalto University has the right not to fill the position, to extend the application period, and to consider candidates who have not applied for a position within the application period.