Would you like to spend almost a week in California when Finland’s at its darkest and coldest, and learn entrepreneurship in the process? Now’s your chance! AVP is offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our students to join the Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (BMoE) bootcamp at UC Berkeley — on us! The study trip takes place on January 10–14, 2022, traveling time not included.
The bootcamp offers a unique experience in one of the most well-known institutions in California. During the program, students will attend sessions that combine lectures and interactive game-based exercises, get one-on-one mentoring from faculty and industry experts, and learn in a collaborative environment.
The BMoE bootcamp uses the latest approaches for training global technology entrepreneurs. The method combines strategy, tactics, culture, and psychology with an entrepreneurial infrastructure. Additionally, the program is structured to provide an optimal global entrepreneurship experience.
At the bootcamp, you will:
- Work on idea generation and how to turn ideas into new ventures
- Use case studies to facilitate and hone ideas, attend special modules on ideation, sales, pitch, and funding
- Collaborate with UC Berkeley experts and advance your idea to the next level
- Pitch your idea to an experienced panel of experts and potential investors
Sounds good, right? To make it even better, we want to make sure there are as few obstacles to joining as possible. That’s why we’ll cover the costs of flights, group transportation, and accommodation fees. However, you will have to pay for your own meals, insurance, visas, or other such expenses. We’re not that Croesus after all.
Still not convinced? See how awesome the trip was back in January 2020!
As much as we’d like to have all of you on the plane to California, the seats are limited. If you fit the following criteria, we’re looking forward to seeing your application:
- You are a full-time degree student at Aalto University (exchange or minor students are not eligible)
- You have taken AVP courses or have AVP courses in your planned studies
- You got an idea, which you would like to develop further or test in Silicon Valley (at the bootcamp, you will be working with different ideas in different groups)
We tried to make applying as easy as possible, so there are just three phases:
- Apply via this form by Monday 29th of November 5 pm: https://forms.gle/VxxG4J7QHEib3Mu48
- Interview with AVP on December 3rd
- Results & practicalities
Please note that selected participants are required to join an info session prior to the trip, tentatively during Week 1/2022.
You can apply as an individual, or together with a partner or a complete team. Your motivation and idea will weigh more than your grades, but we will have a look at the grades too!
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with My:
Global Partnerships Coordinator
+358 504 685 845