Aalto University is a multidisciplinary university in the fields of technology, business, arts, and design. It opens up new possibilities for strong multidisciplinary education and research. Aalto University has 11 000 students and a staff of 4 000 of which 400 are professors.
Aalto Ventures Program (AVP) is the entrepreneurship education program at Aalto University. At AVP, students in multidisciplinary teams do hands-on exercises to gain entrepreneurial tools for solving real, meaningful problems either with their own company or from inside an existing organization. We teach the Aalto community to build like an entrepreneur for a sustainable future.
Learn more at https://avp.aalto.fi and our Facebook page.
We are looking for a new team member — Producer — to join us! As a team member, you will be a part of creative planning and building new concepts together with the AVP communications team. As a producer, you will be responsible for creating audio-visual communication materials (videos) and helping other experts with marketing and events.
We are looking for someone who has the abilities and skills listed below, and who can work in alignment with our values. If you think that this is you, please apply now!
- Responsibility: We prioritize sustainability, hold ourselves accountable and take ownership of our actions and mistakes.
- Courage: We go to the edge of ordinary and push beyond with the full knowledge that we might fail.
- Collaboration: We foster transparency, and enforce diversity and inclusion, even when there would be an easier path to choose.
- Managing your own time and energy
- Giving and receiving feedback in a constructive way
- Having a proactive and self-oriented way of working
- Being a proactive team member
- Participating in AVP activities as a part of the Communications team
- Analytical mindset and attitude
- Creative touch on problem-solving
- Up to date with what’s going on in the video content scene today
- Good writing and communication skills — We work daily in English, other languages are seen as an asset
- Able to coordinate different projects
- Solid knowledge of recording video from low tech phone videos to high-definition 4K Raw
- Experience in recording crisp audio with lavalier microphones
- You know your way around Adobe Premiere Pro and handle the basics of Sound Mixing and Sound Design tools.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on Aalto University students towards a more sustainable way of thinking
- A highly motivated and international team
- Flexible working hours, guaranteed holidays, and good occupational healthcare
- Work and study balance
- Possibility to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- A gateway to Aalto’s entrepreneurship ecosystem
To apply for this position:
The position is open only to current Aalto students, who are studying actively in the academic year 2021-2022. We cannot hire graduates for this position.
Years of studies: 2–N (We can only hire a currently active student at Aalto University for this position)
Working hours: 20-25 h/week. Fixed-term.
Starting date: 27.1.2022
Work location: AVP Space, Maarintie 8, Espoo. This may vary depending on the government’s and Aalto University’s recommendation on remote working. Currently (Dec 2021), we’re working remotely, and remote work will continue until 16.01.2022.
To apply for the position, please submit your application including the attachments mentioned below as one single PDF document in English through Aalto online recruitment system no later than 16.1.2022.
Please attach your CV, motivation letter, portfolio (PDF or link), and transcript of record.
We will conduct the two interviews for the position primarily on week 2nd online and week 3rd offline.
More information about the position from Myungji Suh, Head of Communications, phone +358 50 505 7554, email: email@example.com.
Questions concerning the recruiting process: HR Coordinator, Saara Haggren, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For justified reasons, Aalto University has the right not to fill the position, to extend the application period, and to consider candidates who have not applied for a position within the application period.